Containing 5,717 Articles Spanning 332 Topics
Ex-Mormon News, Stories And Recovery
Online Since January 1, 2005
If you have reached this page from an outside source such as an
Internet Search or forum referral, please note that this page
(the one you just landed on)
is an archive containing articles on
The Mormon Curtain
- is a website that blogs the Ex-Mormon world. You can
The Mormon Curtain FAQ
to understand the purpose of this website.
CLICK HERE to visit the main page of The Mormon Curtain.
The Mormon Church holds what they call "General Conference" twice per year, the first weekend in April and first weekend in October. These conferences are held in the massive conference center in downtown Salt Lake City. Here Mormon General Authorities give talks that are broadcast on TV, Radio and Satellite.
| Here are the odds of certain events occuring during General Conference |
1 in 1 chance Hinckley will say 'Marvelous' or 'Beloved'
1 in 2 chance Monson will say 'the bard said' or some reference to 'the bard'
1 in 4 chance Eyring will get teary eyed
1 in 1 chance a new GA who speaks will kiss the prophets butt during his talk
1 in 1 odds a prayer will go over 5 minutes
1 in 2 odds whoever speaks from the General Relief Society Presidency will talk about following the Brethern better.
1 in 4 chance the Primary Speaker will talk at a 3rd grade Level
1 in 5 a comment will be made at the priesthood session about how the young men are 'a chosen generation'
1 in 6 chance Scotts talk will be about sex somehow.
1 in 10 to the 10th power polygamy will be mentioned along with Joseph Smith
1 in 10 chance something about avoiding television shows like 'Big Love' will be mentioned.
1 in 10 to the 19th power the members will be told to start packing to move back to Missouri
1 in 10 to 2nd power a black person will give a talk.
Any other odds making?
"Racial strife still lifts its ugly head . . . even right here among us,"
Hard to believe when it is taught on page after page of your "sacred" scriptures.
It is a human tendency to want the things which will give us prominence and prestige.
Like becoming the next prophet?
We live in a time when borrowing is easy," Monson said. "The day of reckoning will come if we have continually lived beyond our means."
Interesting how the church asks for 10% + of a persons income, tells them to have big families, that the mother should stay at home and not work, that all their financial problems will work out if they just stay active and pay their tithing, build multimillion dollar palaces of worship using only the finest material that members are told represents celestial glory which they are to strive for, and then they wonder why so many mormons are sinking in debt and declaring bankruptcy?
Julie B. Beck (Even the women have to use their middle initials?)
Her mother's faith would "lead her to answers about medical treatment," Beck told her audience.
Is this really the model we want parents in Zion to follow? Forget consulting medical doctors, just pray about it and God will tell you what medicines you need to heal your child!
"Every time we go out, every decision we make, we are either choosing to move in [the devil's] direction or in the direction of our Savior," Hales said. "But the adversary must depart if we tell him to depart. He cannot influence us unless we allow him to do so, and he knows that."
See elder no-mo if you just keep telling Satan to depart you would not have those evil homosexual urges!
Did anyone hear Nelson's talk? Some one on RfM claimed he said polygamy was either a mistake or did not happen? He apparently quoted a scripture from section 49 about marriage and a man and a woman becoming one flesh but I haven't seen any specific quoute where he called polygamy a mistake. Perhaps the poster was simply reacting to the contradiction between section 49 and 132.
| || After Watching Hinckley And Faust's Talks, There Is No Doubt About Where They Stand In Regards To The BOM And 1st Vision |
Monday, Apr 3, 2006, at 07:28 AM
Original Author(s): Thedrive
Topic: GENERAL CONFERENCE -Link To MC Article-
| ↑ |
| Hinckley: "I know that the BOM was written by ancient prophets."
Hinckley: "The 1st vision was a true occurance. The father and the son appeared to Joseph Smith on a bright day. There is no doubt about it."
Faust: "I have a witness of the truthfulness of the gospel. I've had it since I was young."
Faust: "We know that Christ appreared to the Nephites in ancient America..."
Faust: "Joseph Smith translated the Book of Moses. He also translated the Book of Abraham from ancient scrolls purchased (from an artifacts dealer)."
No doubt about it, they stated exactly what they wanted to. The BOM is not an 'inspired work of fiction'. It is literal history. The Book of Abraham's translation is from the scrolls.
How's Daniel C. Petersucker going to spin this one?
| I couldn't watch any of the others.
I watched Packer and realized that he really hates himself. Now that I own a business and have lots of practice reading people, this is my conclusion about Boyd.
Bednar does not believe himself to be an apostle. His talk was given because he asked Hinckley why he had not yet received his special witness. He looked sick and empty. I'm sure his advice from Hinckley was to go to conference and teach about the spirit so that he could have the spirit.
I'm convinced that Bednar is really struggling. I've never seen a conference talk that looked so difficult to deliver. It was like every word had to be chisled from him. His material was so basic, he had clearly been told that "a testimony is found in the bearing of it."
| James Faust gives an emotional talk on forgiveness in General Conference 4/07. His second example is Mac Christensen, whose son Steve was killed by Mark Hoffman.
Now, this event was not 177 years ago. It's only 22 years ago. Faust fails to mention that Hinckley and Oaks, (who right on cue, was the next speaker) were indirectly responsible for Steve's death. It would have been more appropriate for Hinckley and Oaks to come to the podium together and ask for forgiveness for their involvement. No, they did not conspire with Hoffman. But their lust for power and control contributed to this horrible event.
Is Faust so unaware of the truth? I guess the best defense is a good offense.
| I’ve only read summaries and reports of this weekend’s general conference 4/07, but once again, the world is left with nothing but re-hashed pabulum for the converted. Give the sheep another dose of, “Gee, ain’t it great to be us?”
In his current effort to instruct the planet on all things spiritual, he spoke on the nature of God. From the SL Trib…
“During the morning session, Hinckley said he found the Nicene Creed, a statement from 325 A.D. about the relationship between God the Father and Jesus Christ that most Christians accept, to be ‘confusing.’ The LDS Church relies instead on the personal experience of founder Joseph Smith, who claimed to have a vision of God and Jesus in 1820. ‘He knelt in their presence; he heard their voices; and he responded,’ Hinckley said. ‘Each was a distinct personality.’”
Well, Gordito, at least the Nicene Creed has shown some consistency over the centuries. In less than 20 years, Joseph Smith could not keep his story straight about his meeting and chatting with deity from one version to the next. Three versions of who he talked to that day. Do you teach that?
Another thing…if this was such a perfect witness, why did Smith a couple of years later, have to pray to know whether or not God existed? Good thing he was rewarded with a visit from a sunshiney white Jewish Indian zombie who forgave Smith (once again) of his sins and told him a golden book was on its way. Do you teach that?
The myths continue.
Hinckley regurgitates folktale and the flock drools, thinking they are getting something of worth.
| I wish they would drop the stupid cover of spiritual topics and just get right down to business.
Talk about the mall, how apostles are wealthy and connected, the state of church owned businesses, perhaps even a motivational speech for all the ladder climbers out there that could make it into the upper management of church leadership.
I guess they do it all underhanded rather subtly like talking about tithing(money) or prepping the youth for leadership positions(power). I mean they're already delivering a dry speech off a teleprompter with no feeling- when their voice cracks like they're about to cry, those tears should be wiped with a designer handkerchief or hundred dollar bill .
As they roll off this glib dribble, it's evident these men are focused on bureaucracy, on organization and rules-these are career wealthy businessmen reading prepared speeches that have been checked by the church legal department, not poor fishermen speaking off the cuff.
This church is a business and the apostles are members of the board, of the elite. The prophet is the CEO. They have about as much qualification about speaking of religious things as a car salesman does about surgery.
| I watched general conference this morning with new ears, not buying into the sales pitch anymore.
What did I hear this time? "Serve the collective." Oh my. Absolutely nothing about truth, virtue, honesty, courage. Nothing. Only serve, obey, conform.
One talk addressed the difficult economic times in which many can't make ends meet. Absent was mention of any of the aforementioned principles which might actually have strengthened listeners. The offered solution was to do without, make do with what you have . . . sacrifice. I couldn't help but think of Ayn Rand's (paraphrased) words about beware of those asking for sacrifice for they intend to benefit from your sacrifice.
Sure enough. The next few sentences were about (you guessed it!) tithing. The speaker said the kindest three words are "I love you" and the kindest four words are "We can't afford it." Oh brother. How about WE CAN'T AFFORD TITHING?
Apparently, the speaker's wife wanted a dress many years ago that they couldn't afford. Hummmm. Back then a dress was, maybe, $20. He felt soooooo badly. I'm guessing the speaker made more than $200/month. Probably could have bought several dresses with that month's tithing.
I also kept thinking about GA's salaries. Fifteen old suits, so to speak, whose families are set for life. Everybody goes to BYU for free. Seems like all these guys are related in some way. (Notice that one of the speakers was a Packer, and I don't mean KKK. Oooooo. I bet the speaker's wife doesn't pass by dresses that she wants NOW.
Honestly, I listened to five talks and ALL I heard was serve the corporation with a couple of worship us's (and I mean GA's not God) thrown in for good measure. If I hear another word about leaders' infallibility (when not speaking as a MAN, of course), I'm going to puke.
Then, there the token woman's talk, the token African-American choir member. It's just too much.
It's all just brainwashing. It's about regularly droning on in member's ears the conformity manta. An old bishop of mine used to say that even the most stalwart member was just three absent Sundays away from inactivity. He could be right. He also use to say the BOM wasn't history. I think I need to get back in touch with that guy! I think he knew more than he was saying.
| I was just looking at the Reed Smoot hearings which I thought might be useful to "Brad" who posted a question on the board, and I noticed something unrelated: |
President Joseph F. Smith makes it quite clear that apostles are not called by revelation (after the first 12 selected by Joseph Smith).
It's on page 91-92 of vol 1 of the congressional proceedings. Here "Mr. SMITH" is Joseph F. Smith.
"Senator McCoMAS. I should like to ask one question. You say that the councilors are appointed by the president of the church. How are the apostles selected ?
Mr. SMITH. In the first place they were chosen by revelation. The council of the apostles have had a voice ever since in the selection of their successors.
Senator McCoMAS. Had a voice?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
Senator McCoMAS. Have they had the election of their successors to perpetuate the body of apostles since the first revelation ?
Mr. SMITH. I do not know that I understand your question.
Senator McCoMAS. You say the first apostles were selected in accordance with revelations.
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
Senator McCoMAS. Revelations to whom?
Mr. SMITH. To Joseph Smith.
Senator McCoMAS. And the twelve apostles were then first named ?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
Senator McCoMAS. When vacancies occurred thereafter, by what body were the vacancies in the twelve apostles filled?
Mr. SMITH. Perhaps I may say in this way: Chosen by the body, the twelve themselves, by and with the consent and approval of the first presidency.
Senator HOAB. Was there a revelation in regard to each of them?
Mr. SMITH. No, sir; not in regard to each of them. Do you mean in the beginning?
Senator HOAR. I understand you to say that the original twelve apostles were selected by revelation ?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
Senator HOAR. Through Joseph Smith ?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir; that is right.
Senator HOAR. Is there any revelation in regard to the subsequent ones?
Mr. SMITH. No, sir; it has been the choice of the body.
Senator McCoMAS. Then the apostles are perpetuated in succession by their own act and the approval of the first presidency ?
Mr. SMITH. That is right."
"No, sir; it has been the choice of the body." I don't think they teach this doctrine anymore...
The document can be found here:
| In 1899 the church policy was that the President of the Church was to be the longest ordained Apostle in the church. At the time this person was Lorenzo Snow who was the church president with Franklin D. Richards who had been ordained the same day being President of the Twelve and next in line to the Presidency. Behind him in ordination seniority were John Willard Young, 1st Counselor George Q. Cannon, Brigham Young Jr. and 2nd Counselor Joseph F. Smith. On December 9, 1899 Franklin D. Richards died and with Lorenzo Snow in poor health there was great concern felt within the First Presidency that if Snow died then John Willard Young (then age 55) would become the next church president.
John Willard Young was a son of Brigham Young who had been ordained an Apostle at age 11. He never served as a member of the Quorum of the Twelve but served in several positions of top leadership due to his Apostolic status. From 1873 to 1876 he was an Additional Counselor in the First Presidency just as Gordon B. Hinckley was in 1981-1982. For slightly less than a year in 1876-1877 he was First Counselor in the First Presidency until his father died. Then he spent 14 years as a Counselor to the Quorum of the Twelve. During these years he often got himself in trouble with the Twelve for living a lavish lifestyle and each time he faced discipline he'd humble himself and be reconciled. Finally in 1891 when it looked serious that the First Presidency and Twelve were going to release him he abruptly resigned his position as a General Authority though he remained an Apostle for the rest of his life and a participant in the Branch were he lived in New York City.
In early 1900 the Brethren were very concerned. Many of the General Authorities disliked Young. He was next in line to succession. The First Presidency came up with a new policy that succession was to be based on when you became a member of the Quorum of the Twelve. The policy was unaminously sustained by the rest of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve.
This had an impact of moving George Q. Cannon up from 3rd in seniority to 2nd in seniority, Joseph F. Smith from 5th in seniority to 3rd, Brigham Young Jr. staying at 4th with Smith moving ahead of him, and John Willard Young being dropped altogether from seniority. This was all done quietly. With Cannon and Smith both being counselors in the First Presidency and Cannon having been ordained before Brigham Young Jr. this switch was unnoticed by anyone as BY Jr. continued to serve as President of the Twelve. In early 1901 Cannon died then Smith became 1st Counselor.
Then in late 1901 Snow died and Smith was quick to reorganize the First Presidency. Brigham Young Jr. set up the tradition that continues to this day with the #2 Apostle motioning to have the #1 Apostle sustained and ordained the President of the Church.
In the meantime John Willard Young made a trip to Utah upon Snow's death. Likely this was in order that he could take up his position as President of the Church as he understood that as senior Apostle that he should do so. However he must have been disappointed to learn of the policy change in 1900 and the quick reorganization that Smith accomplished with John Willard Young's brother Brigham Young Jr. As a result John Willard Young returned to New York City.
BTW if you had moved into the New York branch or joined the church there in the next couple decades its likely that the Branch President or others would've pulled you aside and warned you to not lend any money to Brother Young. He always had serious financial trouble. He ended up destitute and spent the last several years of his life working as a hotel elevator operator.
He outlived Joseph F. Smith and died in 1924.
| I don't think this will offer much comfort, but it will reinforce your idea that the church scoundrels alter their words, to make them more acceptable before printing them in the Ensign.
When I was an institute teacher at the Moscow, ID Institute we used to videotape the conference talks, and felt a lot of pride that we had "a complete set of conference talks" (whatever that means.
Anyway, I was reading Sunstone one day about Ron Poelman's talk in the 1980's (84? 86?) that was completely re-touched. The GAs did not like his talk because it seemed to give members permission to make independent decisions, rather than making the church the center of their lives. I believe his talk was called, "The Difference Between the Church and the Gospel." In other words, "the gospel" or your inner spiritual life is more important than the church (he referred to it as "merely the scaffolding" for the gospel.
I found the talk among the video taped cassettes. Sure enough, the videotaped version we had in our library was refreshing, common sense, and offered a balanced perspective - unusual for the times. And sure enough, the doctored talk was much different.
The GAs had Poelman give his doctored/amended version of the talk the next Monday in the empty Tabernacle, with the lights turned down. The dummies even supplied a cough track, to make the kinds of normal background sounds you hear when people are in the audience.
I used to give my institute classes both written versions of the talk (Sunstone provided the side-by-side versions) as well as show them the original talk and then the doctored video taped version that was sent to ward libraries.
It was fun to merely ask: Why did they do that?
The point is, the GAs are lousy cheats and liars.
| Walter Gonzalez:
"Today surrounded by so much information we might think that navigating millions of webpages will give us all that we need to know. We can find good and bad information on the web. But information alone is not enough. God has given us another source for greater knowledge even knowledge sent from heaven. Our heavenly father can give us such knowledge when we navigate the celestial web in our hearts and minds."
LOL, the "Celestial Web".
"Some have emerged themselves in internet materials that magnify, exaggerate, and in some cases invent shortcomings of early church leaders. Then they draw incorrect conclusions that can effect testimony. Any who have made these choices can repent and be spiritually renewed."
"There has always been a few who want to discredit the church and destroy faith. Today they use the internet. Some of the information about the church, no matter how convincing, is just not true."
MormonThink has really got these old farts pissed off. I wonder how many of them had to change their conference talks around at the last minute because of Twede.
It's the same old song and dance they've done for years.
And for me, I will continue to send Mormons to FAIR and FARMS/NWI because it will reaffirm to them that there are issues. Those sites will plant doubts, doubts will lead to more research and then they'll end up on sites like mine - or Twedes'.
| While streaming the broadcast live on my windows media player, I sat at my wonderful new IBM clicky-keyboard and wrote the following. Every so often I would get bored and would look over to the video to see the deathly panic in the eyes of the apostles speaking. This was truly a VERY BORING - UNINSPIRING BROADCAST.
EDIT: This broadcast is two fold:
First: It's about the re-activation of members and using the members with the full-time missionaries to keep them (the missionaries) so busy with referrals that there is no time for them to knock on doors.
Second: To apply principle one to your neighbors and friends.
This is the EXACT test program that was instituted by Elder Ballard of the Q12 in May/June 2011 for the entire San Jose California Mission. Back then they were told this was the ONLY mission in the church that would test this program - no more knocking doors. Period. Ballard stated, "We want the members to get to like the missionaries first, and then have the members bring in their non-member friends and less active members.
Tonight's broadcast had to be the biggest let down to all the TBMs crowded into the surrounding stake center buildings in the San Jose California Mission boundaries. Those folks heard nothing new. The stakes in the mission are: Palo Alto, Santa Clara, San Jose, San Jose South, Fremont, the Tri-Valley area Pleasanton-Dublin-Livermore, Morgan Hill, Santa Cruz, Saratoga, Monterey, etc. Note: these are very wealthy areas of California.
****** My notes of the meeting******
1. As the camera panned the choir during the first musical number all I could think was how none of them are being told the true history of the church. All are deceived. The top 15 know its not true, and the indoctrination of the correlated crap is creating these armies of kids who have no idea of the great deception. If only everyone would just go to MormonThink.com and get the true facts about Mormonism.
2. Hearing Holland's voice, makes my blood curdle, because he knows he won't show respect or even answer TBM's tough questions throughout the world, like Tom Phillip's.
3. Opening prayer: typical, could have been done in a district meeting in some ward relief society room.
4. Holland, bragging about an elder on his way to Mexico named Elder Ludlow - making everyone laugh.
5. Holland talks to a MP in Washington. It sounds and seems so juvenile. Look at our technology folks - isn't this so great.
6. Holland speaks Spanish to some MP in Peru. What a buffoon. Holland states, "What a wonderful day to have a live transmission from Peru to Provo. There's something poetic in that." [Good grief this has been going on for years - nothing new here.]
7. Holland speaks to a bishop in Hawaii representing his ward council. Holland asks, "How's the weather in Hawaii. We love you bishop."
8. Holland says, "As the Lord reveals his will to us, there will be continued improvements in missionary work."
9. Holland bears testimony, "This is Heavenly Father's work." He does not say Joseph Smith is a true prophet, the Book of Mormon is a true historical account, the current prophet is the authorized true spokesman for God on earth. His testimony is non-descript.
Next Elder Perry of the Q of 12 - [I can't stand his crooked mouth - just looking at him screams - You crooked apostle.]
1. Says parents have "reared up a special generation."
2. Says missionaries will preach the restored gospel in this NEW DIGITAL AGE.
3. The message will be of the atonement of Christ, BoM, and living prophets.
4. Talked about speaking with contacts on the streets or knocking doors was yesterday's approach.
5. Today, people are in a hurry. Their main point of contact is often via the internet. The work of a missionary must then change to the internet.
6. Missionaries will use computers in ward houses or member's houses to get referrals, and teach Preach My Gospel. Access to the internet will be phased over several months into the next year.
7. We will be in touch with you when it is time for you to use these tools.
8. Safety is essential. MP's will monitor missionaries while they are on-line.
9. LDS INC. will open meeting houses to have guided tours to investigators so they can be taught and invited to Mormonism in a place that has the spirit. They will use computers.
10. They invite today's youth and children to become Face Book friends with the missionaries in their area and become involved in missionary work themselves.
11. LDS INC. has created 58 new missions, totaling 405 missions worldwide. They have called 173 new MP's - the most at any one time. THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS BROADCAST HISTORIC!!!!!
12. Now, the Lord is calling us to serve along side Him in this work.
13. Members must change how they think about missionary work. The way to fulfill that responsibility must include adapting to a changing world. There must be a better way to missionary work than door to door knocking.
14. Reiterates Joseph Smith saying, "After all that has been said the greatest duty is to preach the Gospel." Nothing has changed since JS's time.
15. How do we preach the gospel? We become one in purpose. Have a common goal. In missionary work (MW), the full-time missionaries are to invite persons to come unto Christ, to be baptized, to receive Holy Ghost, and endure to the end [means paying tithes and cleaning buildings forever].
16. Each of us is commissioned to invite others to come unto Christ and be baptized. GBH stated, "We can let the missionaries try to do it alone . . . but the harvest will be meager . . . as members we can assist them in finding investigators."
17. We hope the invitation to others to join us will be accepted. If not, we will show Christ-like love as an example.
18. The Lord's church is a church of order and it will move forward with the proper Priesthood keys. The ward will develop a plan with specific goals and activities to help particular auxiliaries. The ward council works with the bishop to identify those who could receive an invitation to be taught by the missionaries and who in the ward is the best person to make such an invitation.
19. The High Priest and Elders Quorum Presidents are to work with members to guide families back to the church - THE LESS ACTIVE - I repeat - THE LESS ACTIVE.
20. The ward mission leader's and ward council are to fill the missionaries' planners with investigators. Missionaries should be accompanied by members who have a relationship with the investigator and they are encouraged to bear their testimony.
21. There's a current problem: too few of the most recent baptized members are not receiving "new member" discussions.
22. Now he's telling a pointless story about some guy named Scott. The temple in Las Vegas is beautiful. The Mormon faith is a great religion. The BoM is a great book.
23. As Visiting Teachers and Home Teachers we don't need an assignment to bring the less active back into full activity. We want them to come back to the temple and receive those blessings. [that means tithing]
24. We have a responsibility to help with inspiration and love to REACTIVE the less actives.
25. Now, he quotes from BoM about the Zoramites [you know - the work of fiction]. He talks about Alma. [I just cringe at any apostle quoting the BoM. We have to thank the fiction and give credit to Sydney Rigdon, Oliver Cowdery and JS for his head and stone in a hat). Now we need to pray like Alma of old. The Priesthood will be strengthened and we will have great success when ward councils and full time missionaries are united in the Lord's purposes.
26. Surely, there isn't a more exciting time. May we be ever so united. Be a light and beacon to all of God's children.
[How many times does TSCC have to repeat "there isn't a more exciting time?"]
Note: He did not say the church is true. He did say the church is a church of order.
Musical number: "I'll go where you want me to go." (no view of the choir or organ, just a video of people doing all sorts of activities - hey we are normal Mormon's bringing you cookies). (Choir and organ with a pizzicato pedal base - sounds like more than two hands.) Men sing 1st verse. Women sing 2nd, men join in harmony. Combined choir in harmony till the end. This was called a video segment.
EDIT: On this piece, I'm 99.9% sure this is the conference center organ with the Tabernacle Choir - it was a pre-packaged video.
Holland says, "Missionary work is something we fear. We don't want to offend. However, an invitation that is born sincerely is never seen by the Lord as offensive. (Now Jeffrey is crying right on cue.) We ought to be eager to bring joy to the Lord."
Next, Elder Neal L. Anderson from the Q of 12
1. It's a pre-taped video of Anderson talking. [Gee it sounds like a 3rd grader's script.]
2. Ours is a spiritual work that begins on our knees.
3. We work in faith and unity. The Lord will guide our steps.
4. Now he shares three "true" stories about ward councils. We approach our ward councils prayerfully and then revelation comes.
Story one: is about Sister Kane. There was unity in the ward council to invite Brother and Sister Kane to join the church. They felt the member's love working as one. The ward welcomed him and he felt the spirit through our love. There's a big change with the ward members. We're all imperfect and we know the Lord won't let us fail if we do our part. When we are on the Lord's errand we are entitled to the Lord's help. Nephi said he was led by the Spirit not knowing beforehand what to do. The Lord leads us. He is a God of miracles and works according to our faith.
Story 2: From Tampa Florida stake. A number of people came to a new baptism. Oh, dumb story.
[Oops I just screamed and scared the neighbors across the street. Anderson is telling sugar coated stories. How the heck is this historic?]
He continues about Ammon in the BoM, blah, blah, blah [that fictitious stuff].
Story 3: A bishop telling a story how the spirit of the ward blossomed. The missionaries could see the difference in ward members. Wow said the missionaries, the members were calling and texting and calling us every day. Spiritual moments started happening all the time: people in the ward wanted to have spiritual moments working with the missionaries it was amazing. Trying to help people COME BACK.
Anderson says many are working in faith and love to hasten the work of the Lord to bring people back to the church. [I can't help but think how the top 15 know they are loosing big $$$ and membership.]
Hearing Anderson share a testimonkey of his certain witness of Jesus - nothing ESPECIAL - nope nothing especial. No testimonkey of Joseph Smith's stellar life, the historicity of the BoM, the sure knowledge that the church is true, the validity of the first vision. Nope nada.
Next musical montage of hymns with a video: Kids singing "I hope they call me on a mission" accompanied by FULL ORCHESTRA - done by some computer software music program - not the real thing.
Second song: I don't know the name. Singing about the army of Helaman [the fictional BoM character invented by Joe Smith, Sidney Ridgon and Oliver Cowdery.] Nobody is sad in the videos. Everyone is either praying with their head down or just so very, very HAPPY to be in the one twoooooo church.
Back to Holland.
Thanks to the rising generation. 70,000 already in the missionfield. The first step is to get someone into the waters of baptism. [Yup they want numbers to replace those resigning as they leave and learn the truth of this massive fraud.]
Next, Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Q of 12, chairman of the missionary council.
1. This event is historic - blah, blah blah. There are 173 new Mission Presidents coming from 19 countries called to serve in 58 new missions throughout the world. [The top 15 are going to get busier and busier with second anointings.]
2. Nelson now interviews Sister Marriott and her conversion to the church. [It's all feeling, feel, felt - oh my - I just feel, feel, feel.] She liked the missionaries teaching her about the Plan of Salvation and the pre-existence as an investigator. She recognized those words from a prior life. She laughed as she first realized herself saying, "I think the BoM's true." She heard a voice in her heart as she was praying saying the church is true. So she called the missionaries the next day wanting to be baptized. [I just looked at Nelson's face. It's a con-job. I can see it so clearly. He's just enduring the interview with Marriott to get the sound bite for this broadcast. They must really be bleeding in people and tithes - oh my is it obvious how hard they are trying.] Nelson says, she's a better mother because she is "anchored to the Gospel."
3. He talks a lot about "could YOUR FEEL the love." [It's all emotion.]
4. Those on the other side of the veil shout praises when their descendants return to the Gospel.
5. Our Heavenly Father expects us to love one another. Nelson tells a parable about a "father at bedtime."
NOTE: [I'm thinking at this point 1:19 minutes into the broadcast, WHERE's the BEEF? Where's the historical monumental announcement? What's the big deal? This is SO BORING and pointless. I want to quit and turn the internet streaming off. But, I want to post this for RFM. Crap, I'll endure to the end - ug - ug - ug.]
6. The most effective missionaries act out of love. Opportunities come in many ways. Many are missed [wow what a revelation Nelson!]
7. I'm hearing words like: beloved, eternal, good-bishop, please, dear mommy and daddy, my hopes were dashed, pleading, truly converted and sealed to their children, loving father in heaven, etc.
8. Member missionary work to re-activate members with full time missionaries. This is a rescue work to bring them to the table of the Lord and back to their previous covenants. WE ARE TO SAVE THE SOULS OF THOSE WHO HAVE STRAYED AWAY. [O.K. that's the big message here.]
9. The Bishop and Ward Mission Leader (WML) set the agenda. They teach and encourage the doctrine of missionary work. They set an example to find individuals for missionaries to teach. The WML coordinates all missionary ward work. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.....using all resources of the ward. Members can go on exchanges. Provide transportation for missionaries. We want the WML to rise to this new opportunity. We want them not to have any time to knock on doors trying to find someone to teach.
10. Focus on part-member families, friends, neighbors. Handbooks tell us what to do, but it does not tell us how to do it.
11. Good leaders and parents take action when there is love.
12. The WML is the connecting link between the missionaries, members, and ward council.
13. The ward council is to be the driving force not the missionaries. So the members are being told they have the burden to do the work, and keep the missionaries' calendar full.
14. A video: Here this ward unit has a new goal, 20 member-present missionary lessons per week. Now the video is all about letting investigators see how Morg families live.
15. I hear this quote, "There's no judgment in the LDS church." [What in the hell did I just hear from this new convert family?] This is the work of the Latter-day Saints to share the Gospel with as many people as we can.
16. Each member will now want to help by inspiration - motivated by love. Our efforts are exerted out of love for others.
Video of Elder Boyd K. Packer on the subject of teaching.
[Oh my Gawd, He looks awful. He's ready to croak - oh please go - croak now, please NOW - hurry. Wait, many want you to out live TSM. The world would scrutinize every blasted statement KKK has ever made - and that would do more harm to TSCC.]
He says you have to trust the spirit. If you get up to the pulpit with nothing to say, then revelation starts. Everyone then becomes a teacher. The greatest teaching done in the church is done by the mothers - it's a sacred teaching. Most is done outside the classroom.
He's just RAMBLING. [This is a world-wide broadcast - and it was pre-recorded! Couldn't they have gotten a better script.]
Now it's obedience. Train your children to be obedient. Now its repent. You have to backtrack to the point you got off track and then go forward. Now, it's the atonement - how marvelous it is for our sake.
There isn't anything you can't repent from [Gee, that's not what Brigham Young taught with blood atonement.]
Trust the scriptures, as you do you will grow and the challenges will be for your good. These last 70 years have taught me a lot, and I have a lot to learn. And when this is over, I'll go to a new realm and keep learning. Bears testimony.
[How sad to see what this video portrayed - a dying old relic that is totally useless - NOTHING of INSPIRATION - just like the fake Book of Abraham/Mormon - oh my this is sickening.]
Back to Holland. The Lord is calling us as individual members of the church to do far more. Now we will hear from our Profit who will talk about "Faith in our Missionary Work."
Now, TSM wants to add his voice to this broadcast. Listen to his video council here and FEEL the spirit of his message.
[Feel, feel, feel - you know like how great it would be to be like Harry Potter flying on his broom - do you feel it - feel - feel.]
1. Thank you for your kindness in the loss of my beloved wife, Francis.
2. Missionary work has always been a part of our lives.
[He sounds ill and looks horrible, slurry-slurry speech - hardly a smile - grumpy looking - his mouth sounds like its chuck full of food. He is ailing fast.]
[Obvious someone else wrote this talk.]
3. Missionary work is best done through the members. Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together and to work together. The Lord has prepared the means for us and will assist us in our labors if we act in faith.
[He doesn't want facts, just faith in the made-up tall-tale.]
4. Tells a story. Audience keeps laughing.
[Gosh it's almost over - I can't wait to turn off my windows media player.]
5. Now the story is almost over and music is now playing on this younger-voice video. [Wow, what a contrast to his death-droned voice today.]
6. He says the principle of missionary work remains true today as it was 50 years ago. We must act in faith. I implore you to exercise your faith as to which of your family, or friends could meet with the missionaries to hear the story of the restoration. This is our sacred duty to rescue our Heavenly Father's children.
Closing hymn: "Called to Serve" [The most boring version available - the organist sounds like the keys are jammed with taffy and he's on drugs - horrid, how totally uninspiring - the choir is so vanilla sounding - absolutely the lowest point of the evening.]
No news about Ipads (only that changes are coming). No change in missionary service from 12-18-24 months.
O.K. folks - I returned and reported-ed-ed-ed-ed!
Last edit: You guys/gals are welcome for the information. RFM has been so good for me as this BIC, RM transitions out of the Morg. I want you all to know that it's been one year since I was in my home ward for any meetings. I can't stomach general conference anymore nor watch the top 15 continue the massive institutional misrepresentations. Listening to this entire broadcast was horrible! I know the truth and LDS INC. doesn't have it.
I want to thank all who have contributed to MormonThink and for its stellar place on the internet for providing truthful information to the world. I now see the total hoax which I was fed by apostles and so called prophets. Talk about being baptized by the internet and having all my sins washed away.
Today's hearing of the select 15 MisrepresenTestators was a bit miserable, and quite the tortuous experience. It's over and I hope there isn't a need to do it again for a very long time. Adieu for this post. (BTW, that word is such a crock in the BoM.)
| As noted at the beginning of Part 1 of this post, this big new program was tested first in the San Jose California Mission. It was started by Elder Ballard in May/June 2011. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the missionaries complaining that they have nothing to do. They'll do anything of service for anyone. The ward relief society president asked me if I needed help around the house. The missionaries are bored with so little to do and the members just aren't into the program.
The few examples shown on the broadcast were just a couple of isolated stories meant to sound so magnificent - as though that is what you can expect if you'll do the member-missionary program through the ward mission leader and ward council. The speakers were like giddy little school girls so glad to find an example or two somewhere in the world to support their new program.
Some wards have a few missionary friendly members, so that's where the misshies hang-out during the day when they've nothing to do. They get fed well in this mission since it is a very, VERY rich area of California. Still, the members aren't buying this big missionary push business. How is it that this is inspiration to try world-wide? I don't understand. There's no revelation from God, rather it's a bunch of old white guys trying to recoup the diminishing tithing offerings and the resignation of what constitutes the present and future leadership of the church. It's easier to re-boot the church with the existing less-actives who once bought the scam than it is to knock doors and find new guinea pigs to put feed ($$$) in the trough.
I think you'll all agree - there was absolutely NOTHING HISTORIC about this hyped-up event.
Holland looked and sounded just like the prima donna Dodo that he is.
Perry had nothing new to offer. His crooked smile is getting worse.
Nelson was into himself and the staged interview he conducted.
Packer was on death row rambling incoherently.
Monson's brain cells are decaying at hyper-speed. His faith speech had zero inspiration. Just a corporate diehard reading some prepared monolog.
And the closing song, "Called to Serve" was the most boring rendition/arrangement on the planet. That was the low point of the entire evening - and it was the closing musical number.
The whole event was a snoozer. This was nothing more than trial and error on parade, the re-hashing of uninspired fake apostles representing a totally flawed religion. MormonThink.com - you're the best!
Edit: I want to second Anagrammy who said, "This grand announcement is in response to the Great Mormon Apocalypse that Tom Phillips and Oncoming Storm bc have been talking about." I will agree. LDS INC. is in a full panic. How in the world do they think that missionaries on computers lurking all over the internet is not going to take them to sites that spell nuclear implosion to TSCC?
Anagrammy, again you rock. You're so perceptive and spot on!
I wish I knew how to upload for all to see my pdf graphic version of "The Scream" that I composed a few weeks ago.
How to navigate:
- Click the subject below to go directly to the article.
- Click the blue arrow on the article to return to the top.
- Right-Click and copy the "-Guid-" (the Link Location URL) for a direct link to the page and article.
|Donate to help keep the MormonCurtain and Mormon Resignation websites up and running! |
Note: Dontations are done via my AvoBase, LLC. PayPal Business Account.
|Articles posted here are © by their respective owners when designated. |
Website © 2005-2016
Compiled With: Caligra 1.119